Over 200 companies, more than 20 retail chains and 1,200 meetings. Fresh Market is back after a pandemic break
The XVI edition of the Fresh Market B2B Meeting & Trade Show, the most important Polish event in the fresh fruit, vegetable and flower trade sector, has finished. After a 2-year pandemic break, more than 200 suppliers from all over Europe met face-to-face and participated in more than 1,200 personal meetings with representatives from more than 20 regional and international retail chains. During the event, the most innovative products and services in the fresh fruit and vegetable industry were also awarded.
For one day, Ożarów Mazowiecki, located near Warsaw, turned into the Polish capital of the fresh fruit, vegetable and flower sector, hosting industry representatives from more than 20 different countries. Already XVI edition of the annual Fresh Market B2B Meeting & Trade Show was attended by more than 200 suppliers of vegetables, fruits and flowers, who had the opportunity for direct contact with representatives of leading regional and international retail chains. During 10-minute talks, the suppliers were able to present their offers and learn about the expectations of their business partners. In addition, the Matchmaker present at the event provided assistance in networking among participants.
Polish retail chains were present at the MCC Mazurkas Conference Centre & Hotel, including Biedronka, Arhelan, Auchan, Carrefour, Chata Polska, Dino, E.Leclerc, Nasz Sklep, Stokrotka, Spar, Topaz, Polo Market and Żabka. Representatives of Romania’s Profi, Lithuania’s Maxima and AIBE, Czech Rohlik and Moldova’s Linella also took part in the event. For the first time, in addition to face-to-face contact with buyers present at the event, participants had the opportunity to take part in online meetings with foreign companies. Business meetings in an online form were held with retailers of Ukrainian stores – ATB, Varus, Novus; Belarusian – Evroopt, ALC “Vitalur”, Green Market and Bulgarian Fantastico.
– We are very pleased that the XVI edition of the Fresh Market B2B Meeting & Trade Show was a turnout success and we achieved our goal. This year the event was hybrid for the first time, combining face-to-face meetings and remote meetings with foreign retailers. This allowed the arriving participants to make even more business contacts with business partners. We notice that such a formula brings the expected results and we plan to develop it further – highlighted Artur Stasiak, CEO of organizer company KJOW Sp z o.o and Fresh Market project.
As well as fresh produce suppliers, Fresh Market also brought together producers of solutions for agribusiness, packaging for industry, trading companies and specialized service providers. Another edition of the event was also a chance to exchange experiences, talk with experts and exhibitors. Those who came to the MCC Mazurkas hotel could also taste broccoli-based dishes from Coregeo Ltd, a competitor in Fresh Market Award 2022, which were prepared in a live cooking formula.
The winners of the Fresh Market Award 2022, which promotes the most innovative products and services in the fresh produce industry, were announced at a cocktail dinner party. Six products competed for the award.
- Baby Munda F1 – Raspberry Princessa a mini raspberry tomato of the sachet type. It is distinguished by juicy flesh with mild flavor and delicate skin. (Hazera Poland)
- Bimi® broccoli with a sweet and slightly nutty flavor. They are exceptionally juicy with a texture reminiscent of asparagus. (Coregeo Ltd)
- Genuine Coconut Chunks a vegan and organic coconut snack that stands out in the market for its innovative packaging and remain fresh for up to 3 months. (World’s Coconut Trading SL)
- Multistemmed cauliflower Istem® the first cauliflower variety with an edible stem. It can be eaten raw whole – both the sweet, slightly nutty rose and the tender, juicy stalk. (Syngenta Vegetable Seeds)
- Tomato YOOM® a new variety of premium tomato with a unique dark purple color distinguished by a wonderfully balanced sweet and sour flavor. (Syngenta Polska)
- Chrysanthemum Sollinea® a modern variety of potted chrysanthemum with flowers in a highly decorative, sunny shape and six fashionable colors. (Royal Van Zanten)
By the votes of Fresh Market event participants, the award goes to Hazera Poland for Baby Munda F1. Mini raspberry tomato received more than 60% of the votes. The product was appreciated for its juicy flesh with mild flavor and delicate skin. The award was received by product manager Michał Taraska, who is also responsible for the success of Rosamunda tomato that became a Product of the Year during Fresh Market 2019. Meanwhile, Coregeo Ltd’s Bimi® broccoli won in an online vote of Fresh Market readers.
This year’s event would not have taken place without the support of the Embassy of the Netherlands in Poland, as well as the cooperation with FloraCulture International magazine and The International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH). As a result of the partnership with the Netherlands, a large group of Dutch producers and exporters of cut flowers, bouquets, potted plants, garden plants, shrubs, trees and flower bulbs were present at the fair.
After a pandemic break, industry representatives were finally able to meet in person, make lots of business contacts, learn about industry trends and select the best product of the year. The success of the XVI edition of the Fresh Market B2B MEETING & TRADE SHOW is confirmed by the high attendance and the number of more than 1,200 meetings held in one day in one place. As always.